Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you achieve today on Auraxis?

Go down 
+34
Dopubalimatu
The0ptimiz0r
cerethreus
Thunde
Dubnus
Dr.Division
LeonPotosi
RickOzean
FocusLight
TuraiOssa
Andoulline
MrMurdok
GoliOnVS
IPanteraI
Loffen
flokiss1
Macsection
AFlyingRHino
Astro9
Seerus
OhHellNaw
Azenor
Kn4ck3br0d37
LittleFreak14
OneHandClapping
AbsintheN
Krampo
Linariar
AbuJudom
beatfrosch
Shivlxie
Admin
Foibos
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015, 04:49

Azenor wrote:
Managed to get a rage tell and was reported for aim-botting. Totally should have screenshot framed.

Oh look, he's all gown up and shit.

Yeah, you *should* have screen-shot that Very Happy

I wonder if that person ever bothered to check your less-than-2.0 K/D board and realized how stupid they were.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Aug 2015, 07:13

Azenor wrote:
Managed to get a rage tell and was reported for aim-botting. Totally should have screenshot framed.

It's like all the T-stuff you've been doing is starting to pay off!
Back to top Go down
flokiss1
Come here often?
Come here often?
flokiss1

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Aug 2015, 22:11

Just found this on my character, HOW? Just HOW, did I use my knive for whole 50 days?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug 2015, 00:37

Everyone has that, the Chain blade is the only weapon that most people have equipped on all classes all the time.
Back to top Go down
flokiss1
Come here often?
Come here often?
flokiss1

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 08:02

Destructified the enemy sunderer, while focuslight was still planning in how to destructify it with the platoon.
#genius
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 08:59

flokiss1 wrote:
Destructified the enemy sunderer, while focuslight was still planning in how to destructify it with the platoon.
#genius

Tactical superiority.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 11:42

flokiss1 wrote:
#genius

Destroyed the enemy sunderer on his own, in defiance of orders as I expected him to be with the rest of us working like a team and setting a good example.

#Shamefuldisplay
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 11:50

Predicted leader's move and siezed the initiative.

#BAWC_DoesntProduceDrones
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 12:04

MrMurdok wrote:
Predicted leader's move and siezed the initiative.

#BAWC_DoesntProduceDrones

Fortunate that he did not get killed on his way and waste everyone's time.

#Luckyshot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 14:14

Eh. That sundy was in ez-kill position for LAs and we had some and it was good that the took initiative and destroyed it instead of waiting for your orders for regroup positions and etc.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 14:56

This will be the last post of mine on this topic, it's not the best place for it, and it's not hard to get my point clearly out here and leave it at that.

Dopubalimatu wrote:
Eh. That sundy was in ez-kill position for LAs and we had some and it was good that the took initiative and destroyed it instead of waiting for your orders for regroup positions and etc.

Assuming I recall when this was, consider this: I don't organize a good two-dozen TR just to hit one Sundie. There are more to do after we get that done. If everyone keeps going out of their way to think only one step ahead and be like "What's the harm if I ignore my orders and just scurry over and blow this sundie up?" - good for you that you managed that, but then what? Should everyone just run off with LA's and pop the sundie in front of them?

First off, again, good for Flokiss that he achieved the goal - had he died along the way he would have both wasted our time AND failed to get results. Secondly, that sundie was merely one part of the issue at hand - after that there were other things to do, and that is inevitably what I was planning for. I try to think a few steps ahead, and to get a good push towards steps one, then two, then the third step and so on, it would be beneficial if people at least followed the basic plan, together.

Next time you decide to break ranks and go off to do something, try to keep in mind that should everyone think that, you have a zerg-platoon, where there is no structure and no plan and everyone go do whatever they assume is useful at the time, and everything becomes reactive, not proactive.

To clarify Flo - I appreciated that you managed to pop the sundie and then told us this, that saved us some time. I don't however, like it when Arrows blatantly ignore basic directions in front of half a platoon worth of non-BAWC TR - you demonstrated good initiative, but also a violation of direct orders. This is both good and bad.

Anyhow, it was a pretty good day, all in all. Much got done, and I keep learning more with every session. At this rate, perhaps I should delegate more individual tasks to individuals with firecrackers up their ass...

We will see tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 15:37

At the time there was no direct order. The orders were still to clear the catwalks and try to push them out of the base and Flo killed the sundy managed to circumvent their building stack by flying onto it and killing their sundy.
Focus wrote:
that sundie was merely one part of the issue at hand - after that there were other things to do, and that is inevitably what I was planning for.
Sorry but that is bullshit. The only move past killing sundy that you could do would have done with the infantryball was to clear out the remaining stragglers in a fight where we already have 60%+ pop and they have no spawns and even possibly run across open field 500m to next base. If you were planning that next then I am disappointed by your strategy and time management. The only effective following orders were to pull sundies/galaxies to move to next base or to redeploy to another base. Not regrouping for infantryball didn't conflict with those options. Even if there had been orders your argument about ignoring orders being a slippery slope is too far-fetched.

It is very unrealistic statement to say that if an order is knowingly ignored by someone that suddenly we are gonna have a zerg on our hands. Orders aren't be-all and end-all of successful ops. A good member recognizes when he has an opportunity to carry out a more important task than the one he is given. For example, if I am near enemy sundy and you give orders to regroup somewhere in the other direction to drive out the enemies then do you know what I am gonna do? I'm gonna destroy the sundy and take down as many enemies with me so I can die and get to the group.

The main thing here is to know what is doable in the very-near future by a single person and what is not. That is why a person trying to kill biolab SCU while we have to keep holding 2 out of 3 points is bad. If you were to ignore orders you would have to factor in the priorities of the battle at hand, the timeline of accomplishing the possible goals and the risk-reward balance. Flo already being LA right next to the building and sundy being right next to the building as well was very much a low-risk high-reward situation as it is rare to be shot out of the air before you get 2 C4s off.

If we held up in Howling Pass and had like 35% pop and 10 minutes left on the cap and orders were to regroup and capture the outer points then and there wasn't much air around I would rather spawn a liberator from Crimson/WG and kill their sundies than rely on our 1 squad to clear out the base against overwhelmingly superior numbers. I will say that another player who didn't have a lot of experience with the game trying to do that wouldn't be a good move as again you have to know what you can pull off and what not.

Last edited by Dopubalimatu on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 15:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr.Division
Captain
Captain
Dr.Division

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 15:48

Just to get that of me, the order was, to stack up in the spawn room as LA
Back to top Go down
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 16:24

Sooo much text, sooo much debate, in a topic that is not ment for it. 'If' this will continue, it will continue in the private areas of the forum. Further posts about this will be removed. Lets get back to achievements!
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 16:44

In response to Dopu, yeah, I should have known to shut my mouth and not bother. It's clear we are thinking of different situations here, I was sure I knew when it was that this situation went down but it's clear that I don't. As such, I only have a few comments on your statements here.

"At the time there was no direct order. The orders were still to clear the catwalks and try to push them out of the base and Flo killed the sundy managed to circumvent their building stack by flying onto it and killing their sundy.
Focus wrote:
that sundie was merely one part of the issue at hand - after that there were other things to do, and that is inevitably what I was planning for.
Sorry but that is bullshit."

Do not say 'sorry' to me when you intend to follow up with calling my intended tactic bullshit, either own your crude language or don't bother.

"The only move past killing sundy that you could do would have done with the infantryball was to clear out the remaining stragglers in a fight where we already have 60%+ pop and they have no spawns and even possibly run across open field 500m to next base."

For the record, I can not recall how many times we had to deal with Sundies yesterday and clearly was thinking of a different situation, not the time we had to kick the NC/Jesters out of that base on Hossin. Further, for all you know that was exactly my plan, to push the open field on foot with sundies trailing after, sundies we might have pulled after popping theirs and sweeping the base.

"If you were planning that next then I am disappointed by your strategy and time management."

Noted. Any advice you want to offer on anything that I do goes in the appropriate treat about the weekly ops.

"The only effective following orders were to pull sundies/galaxies to move to next base or to redeploy to another base. Not regrouping for infantryball didn't conflict with those options. Even if there had been orders your argument about ignoring orders being a slippery slope is too far-fetched.

It is very unrealistic statement to say that if an order is knowingly ignored by someone that suddenly we are gonna have a zerg on our hands."

Good for me that I did not say that then. I never claimed that any one individual choosing to ignore orders to go off on their own to do their own thing, like blowing a sundie they happened to be close by, what I said was, quote: "Next time you decide to break ranks and go off to do something, try to keep in mind that should everyone think that, you have a zerg-platoon, where there is no structure and no plan and everyone go do whatever they assume is useful at the time, and everything becomes reactive, not proactive." Do you find any fault with my reasoning regarding what we will be left with if everyone decides to ignore the orders or the plan and go off on their own judgement? If so, share it.

"Orders aren't be-all and end-all of successful ops. A good member recognizes when he has an opportunity to carry out a more important task than the one he is given. For example, if I am near enemy sundy and you give orders to regroup somewhere in the other direction to drive out the enemies then do you know what I am gonna do? I'm gonna destroy the sundy and take down as many enemies with me so I can die and get to the group."

As well as I'd expect, I'd do the same, provided that the sundie was just right there and the approach was wide-open. Again, this argument is based on you thinking of one situation and me a completely different one, I do not disagree with your example, but I was originally thinking of a different situation than the one where Flokiss had the chance for a one-man sundie destruction run.

"The main thing here is to know what is doable in the very-near future by a single person and what is not. That is why a person trying to kill biolab SCU while we have to keep holding 2 out of 3 points is bad. If you were to ignore orders you would have to factor in the priorities of the battle at hand, the timeline of accomplishing the possible goals and the risk-reward balance. Flo already being LA right next to the building and sundy being right next to the building as well was very much a low-risk high-reward situation as it is rare to be shot out of the air before you get 2 C4s off."

Very much true, this is what I expect a veteran Arrow to know, but remember again: we were in a public platoon and I can't assume anything regarding people's abilities, this has been demonstrated many times, least of all on Monday when I tried to run an air-wing at one point to very lackluster results.

"If we held up in Howling Pass and had like 35% pop and 10 minutes left on the cap and orders were to regroup and capture the outer points then and there wasn't much air around I would rather spawn a liberator from Crimson/WG and kill their sundies than rely on our 1 squad to clear out the base against overwhelmingly superior numbers. I will say that another player who didn't have a lot of experience with the game trying to do that wouldn't be a good move as again you have to know what you can pull off and what not."

Indeed, and again in a public squad you are dealing with an unknown force, assume the worst, expect nothing, and plan around that. With those factors in mind and considering your example, the options you have are very limited.

Last edited by FocusLight on Thu 20 Aug 2015, 16:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 16:47

FUCKIN DROP IT
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 16:49

...forgets like an idiots that he's not an admin...

Intended to move that post and the whole debate to the weekly platoon topic. Admin, please?
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 16:56

I hope this is the last time I see a 3,000 word essay on someone blowing up a Sunderer.

Unless it's fan fiction. I welcome fan fiction.
Back to top Go down
OhHellNaw
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
OhHellNaw

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 17:05

DRAMA DRAMA!!!!! MOM GET THE POPCORN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 17:24

Man blowing up stealth sundies is hard. Like sometimes you miss your C4 cause the sundy is invisibel and you are kill and waste TR time.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Aug 2015, 18:07

Dopubalimatu wrote:
Man blowing up stealth sundies is hard. Like sometimes you miss your C4 cause the sundy is invisibel and you are kill and waste TR time.

But what if stelf sundee was not kill?
Back to top Go down
OneHandClapping
Private
Private
OneHandClapping

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2015, 06:37

MrMurdok wrote:
I hope this is the last time I see a 3,000 word essay on someone blowing up a Sunderer.

Unless it's fan fiction. I welcome fan fiction.

Flokiss took a deep, sharp breath, his grip tightening around the detonator in his left hand and the C4 in his right. He wondered, for a moment, whether FocusLight had seen him sneak off while he was giving orders. He put his hand to his ear and listened carefully.

"LISTEN HERE YOU LITTLE FUCKER, IF YOU DON'T STOP ASKING FOR AMMO WHEN THERE'S A BOX RIGHT ACROSS THE ROOM I'M GOING TO TEAR OFF YOUR BALLS AND EAT THEM"

Flo reckoned he had a good 10 minutes before Focus stopped.

The sunderer was out in the open and protected poorly, but it would still require some thought. NC scum are stupid, thought Flokiss, but they aren't stupid enough not to hear a light assault jetting towards them. Flo put away his C4 and crept through the brush with a sturdy chainblade in hand.

Flo threw a grenade to his right from behind a boulder, then rushed into a large bush. As the NC protecting the sundy went to investigate, he ran out, slit their throats and tossed their bodies into the foliage.

It was just him, and the sundy.

"Please," begged the sunderer. "Please, just let me undeploy and I'll drive back to the warpgate. You don't have to do this."

"Oh, but I do," said Flokiss, a sickly grin contorting itself across his face. "I do this, and I'm a hero. I'm more than just one of the randoms. Maybe Focus will even congratulate me on an efficient destruction." He unzipped his trousers and pulled out his throbbing detonator.

The sundy was on the brink of tears. "You're sick," it cried, "you fucking sicko." Flo tenderly ran his fingers along its windshield as he strapped one brick, two bricks to its side. "Let me go. Whoever pulled me will hunt you down and kill you."

"Shh, shh, honey. You're only making this harder, in more ways than one." Flokiss placed the end of his detonator on the sunderer's exhaust pipe. A single oily tear fell from the sunderer's headlight.

For what felt like hours, days, weeks, Flokiss entwined himself in the sundy's undercarriage, him basking in pleasure, it recoiling in fear and loathing. For kilometres around, the only sounds to be heard were Flo's moans, the sundy's cries and FocusLight's yelling.

Flo stopped. The pleasure stopped. Focus.

Flokiss became aware of a noise, just above the sundy's sobbing. An ever-loudening noise. A noise that became deafening.

"FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKIS YOU FUCKWIT DON'T EVER DISO--

"Oh."

That was all he said. 'Oh.' His rage was snuffed out, his fury melting and boiling and seeping out of his skin. 'Oh.' He simply stood there, silently, taking in the scene that was before him. 'Oh.'

"...F-Focus, this isn't what it l-looks like," Flokiss stuttered, removing his detonator from the sundy - still sobbing - and hiding it behind his back.

"No. No, Flokiss, this is...exactly what it looks like. There's no hiding it." Focus was no longer stunned. Colour began to return to his skin - well, the small amount of colour in the skin of a Norwegian who plays video games almost every day.

"I...thought we had something, Flokiss." Flokiss was silent.

Focus began to remember who he was. The fury that had turned to gas and escaped him had condensed, solidified and absorbed back into his skin.

Focus pulled down his trousers and withdrew his red, throbbing, enormous ML-7. The moisture of the humid Hossin night had condensed on its surface, highlighting every ridge, every scratch, every battle scar it had earned.

"DIE YOU SICK FUCK" he screamed, and fired his ML-7 directly into the bricks of C4. Flokiss and the sundy were blown to pieces, their remains scattered all over the field.

And nobody fucked with Focus again. Because that nigga be cray.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2015, 08:22

Loyalty/Death would ready again.
Back to top Go down
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2015, 09:01

hhahahahahahaha
Wow. Best piece of fan fiction I have read in a long time.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2015, 09:16

...wow. 9/10, would laugh hysterically again.

Also, you seem to have suppressed a severe yaoi/mecha-porn fetish. If only you told me, this could be... assisted Very Happy

Also, damn you. I was thinking of writing something up for shits and giggles myself, but would have to find the time. Should have known someone would beat me to it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you achieve today on Auraxis?
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: