Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about covert ops weapons

Go down 
+3
OhHellNaw
FocusLight
Artojas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Artojas
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Artojas

Question about covert ops weapons Empty
PostSubject: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 15:16

There is often lots of people on TS in Covert ops channel. I`m thinking about spending some certs in my infiltrator, so the question is: what weapon i should aim for to fit well in covert ops squad? After reading several guides i`m thinking between HSR-1 (yay, no sway) and TSAR-42. Or you guys are sniping long range? Or maybe going point blank with pistols? Please no flaming, holy wars or smt, just witch weapon would be best for noob like me most of the time in covert ops squad. Or i would be better just supplying ammo/guarding sunderer and should not bother about infiltrator life?
Back to top Go down
Dr.Division
Captain
Captain
Dr.Division

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 15:50

CQ-infil. Most of the time they are using SMGs like th NS-7 PDW or the aimasist Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 16:01

Depends completely on your cloak-type and the range you wish to operate at, as well as your own preference for how loud you will allow your weapons to be.

If you use the Stalker cloak you only get a secondary weapons and knives, but there are a variety of those for your tastes.

Other than that with the standard Hunter cloak you won't have infinite cloaking but you can use main weapons like SMG's, scout rifles, semi-auto snipers and bolt-action snipers.

Personally I like running ambush-tactics with SMG's but that's me. Depending on what weapons you use your tactics change completely, SMG's are CQB weapons, scout rifles are more geared for mid-range and sniper are ofc mid to long range depending on type. Don't take bolt-actiosn into mid range and try to stay at medium ranges if you use a semi-auto, etc.

My general advice to you is to silence your close to mid range weapons, at these ranges the silence'rs negative effects won't impact you much at all. The sound don't get muffled very much but you won't appear on people's radars and this helps you greatly in staying hidden, ESPECIALLY if you run ambush tactics with an SMG.

Last edited by FocusLight on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 18:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artojas
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Artojas

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 16:13

Its why i ask - depending on weapon differs playstyle a lot. So what weapons you use in covert ops squad? I dont plan to run alone, want to be a usefull squad member.
Back to top Go down
OhHellNaw
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
OhHellNaw

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 17:28

The covert team consists of:
284 (Jim) - CQC hunter SMG - Armistice
Loffen - CQC hunter SMG and Scout rifle - Armistice and Vandal
Madmexx - Stalker with AMP
Rasmoscar - Stalker with Ripper
OhHellNaw - Hunter with Scout rifle - Vandal

The choice of weapon and cloak truly depends on your play style, either the aggressive soldier, or the passive soldier
Back to top Go down
Rasmoscar
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 21:05

To be a useful player for a Covert ops squad, it is kinda mandatory for you to be able to fight close range. So the TSAR is a bit of a dodgy call for our squads but it is possible. Best pistols are amp/comissioner/underboss/repeater - in that order personally. But comissioner is better for aggressive stalker with more versatility with range. Ripper is a nice addition but it is more a replacement for the secondary than an addition; maybe not worth the thousand certs yet.
For hunter, the scout rifles are more versatile than smg because they can be used at close range to, but not quite aswell as the smg. The vandal is awesome but the KSR will do fine aswell, and is cheaper. The armistice is the best smg however the NS PDW is more alround range - get the armistice over the ns pdw because more worth it.
Sniper is not close enough range, however if you are looking for a cheap one, the m77-b is a really good alternative to the rams 50.

Whether you play aggressively or passivly is normally up to you, Hope this helped.
Back to top Go down
The0ptimiz0r
Come here often?
Come here often?
The0ptimiz0r

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 21:35

Kind of wrong, the repeater is the best of all pistols;D You just have to get used to it. M77B best sniper ingame, for me it feels, like it have a huge bigger bullet hitbox;D
Back to top Go down
Rasmoscar
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 21:38

Bruuhhhh rams 50 best sniper duh. ;D
Back to top Go down
Dr.Division
Captain
Captain
Dr.Division

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 23:01

Crossbow and commissioner are my favorite pistols for the stalker infil!
Back to top Go down
Rasmoscar
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeTue 24 Mar 2015, 23:07

Crossbow is hard to use. But good if you got da skill
Back to top Go down
Artojas
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Artojas

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015, 10:30

Thanks everyone for advices, i will aim for Madmexx choice - Stalker with AMP. Seems to suit my playstyle of hiding in corners and shooting down unsuspected enemies from behind. Or flanking and shooting from behind Smile
Back to top Go down
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Mar 2015, 16:39

Hi Artojas, i'm the founder of the Covert Ops. Team. It is really good to see your interest in our little squad.
We are currently slowly booting things back up, so if there is ever a good moment to join; it is now!
I see you already got plenty of great advice, so I won't jump in on that.

However, to join the Covert Ops. Team, there a few things we would like you to have certed out.
This is the list we also have on the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on our private member forums.

Have the courage to squad lead (0 certs)
Use Teamspeak 3 and speak/understand English (0 certs)
Spawn beacon lv. 3 (330 certs)
Safe Ejection Mosquito (500 certs)
Suppressor for weapon (100 certs)
Motion Spotter lv 4. (750 certs)
2 Claymores (600 certs)

Keep in mind, all these things are things we truly 'prefer' that you have certed, and they are thus not mandatory to own.
Basically, you can already join us in the channel or in-game, even if you have none of these things.

However to become a full member of the Covert Ops. Team,
it will help you greatly if you actually got all these things certed out and know how to use them accordingly.
With each new member, all the current Covert Ops. Members can vote to who get's to join and who does not.
So everyone in the squad is 'cool' with the new member.

For any questions about the squad you can always message me in private, or any of the other listed members, or look at our [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
On there you can also find tons of information about Certifications and so fort.

Goodluck & happy hunting!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about covert ops weapons   Question about covert ops weapons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about covert ops weapons
Page 1 of 1