Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What did you achieve today on Auraxis?

Go down 
+14
Andoulline
MrMurdok
Thunde
Dopubalimatu
Macsection
cerethreus
Tjarnov
The0ptimiz0r
FocusLight
SovietSorrows98
ThatsMeFear
Arklur
Dr.Division
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2017, 00:11

Another problem with this approach is - though possibly only temporary - the hilarious server-performance. I am so sick and fucking tired of getting into CQB's and people float around all over, you shoot at people and you either miss the models or the shots don't seem to register because people just spaz all over the place. I completely lost count of the times I died in a simple face-to-face because the other fucker somehow can run full tilt one way and shoot me at the same time, (ergo a case of the server lying to you) or I shoot one target but he floats around in a zig-zag and someone else shoot me, or a glancing shotgun shot is enough to drop me, and my own shotgun use in recent days can somehow 'miss' point-blank shots to the torso or face.

Having said that though, the choice in targets and the approach is often really shit - fair enough we hit, most of the time, vital bases that needs to be capped, and yes we go insert ourselves into them and churn it around until the whole fucking thing clogs up with enough of our meat, but that's practically all we ever do. The other day there was a request for volunteers to do 'air support' and 'armor' - both of these literally amounted to two people doing each at once, so 1 2/3 lib or 2 mossies along with 2 lightnings or 1 Prowler or 1 Harasser, while the rest drop in gals or move in in sundies. One aircraft and one tank will NEVER be sufficient to do shit that the same number of infantry can't do, and today we ONLY pulled armor because I and a couple other suggested it to deal with theirs, and we were half-way done pulling FUCKING AP LIGHTNINGS when that order was cancelled and Charlie Squad got yelled at for still operating the Lightnings we were minutes before ORDERED to pull.

The WP for regrouping the gals (something that took forever btw) was set away from the front then instantly switched back to the base, so that Charlie could obay as we should have, and go waste yet another gal and a full squad if infantry feeding the NC's auraxium efforts some more, and THEN it was properly set to re-group somewhere else.

Coms seem to be getting fixed, using different channels for different squads is a must. Works very well. But the CHRONIC, NEVER-ENDING lack of hard anti-armor or anti-air solutions when the enemy has shit-loads of both has got to fucking stop. I like a good infantry push as much as the next guy - in normal server performance, that is - but I *HATE* watching TR players die over and over and over needlessly because we keep allowing our enemy their multipliers and just grin and bear it all the same. Yes, we do often, almost always, eventually struggle through it and defeat the enemy infantry and take the bases all the same, DESPITE the odds, but the road there is needlessly long and bricked with pure frustration. NO-ONE enjoys dying 5+ times just to get to point, then get wiped by MAX with infantry support and air overhead, just because no-one can be bothered with a dedicated AA team or a tank-hunter squad or anything other than 4 squads of infantry, and then just doing it again and again until we perfect it and break the wall of enemy fire.

Hell the most effective AV/AA solution we had tonight was an underperforming Charlie Squad operating in the open out of Dopu's Sundie, with HA's and Engies, we were dropping several NC libs, Reavers, Harassers and Vanguards while the other squads tried to take and hold the point. It still did not work out because they had several more vehicles, and superior positioning and MAX suits available.

And don't get me started on fucking skill-suits. I don't want to become another loser-fit like Hydra or the like that live off the little clanking farm-bots and never leave home without them, but ffs, we need to learn when have at least a decently supported duo of force multipliers can and will help us. We are BAWC, we are pretty fucking good, and we are pretty fucking good *IN-SPITE* of the fact that we CONSTANTLY fight with what seems to be as many handicaps as possible, but there was a time we almost managed to field a platoon of JUST Arrows. People got burned out over time and since then our numbers have NEVER recovered, it's gotten so bad we declared a merger needed not long ago, and now we operate in this quasi-living pandemonium where DVS and BAWC melt together into this weird hybrid platoon of folks.

I would love to see two things happen.

1) More operative flexibility, where we hit more bases at once - we are pretty decent at this but not nearly enough, make it happen a lot more.

2) We accurately assess the multipliers our foes use and react accordingly, I don't care if that requires a Mossie squad of 12 pounding an area for us, 6 Bomber Gals doing the same, a squadron of Prowlers shelling the enemy armor or just a full squad of HA's and Engies setting up a kill-team somewhere lobbing rounds on enemy armor/air whenever possible while the other 2-3 squads clear, and then take, the point(s).

If we don't do this, we will inevitably lose more and more players who, while they enjoy playing the game, don't enjoy the absurd human-wave tactics we constantly do. Dying isn't all that, but dying in what seems ill-considered and often needlessly hard up-hill battles is pretty damn frustrating and burns people out.

Hell we could start doing this in a sort of hybrid approach where the Gals we almost always pull make an effort to stay alive, and one out of the 4 squads is a dedicated air squadron that cover them and provide support against the ground. We could make this a standard approach for Gal drops unless we do something specific, like scum-drops on Plants etc. The ground version where we cover Sundies could easily be 3-4 Harassers patrolling the perimeter looking for enemy armor etc. Basically, with 4 freaking squads - and BAWC has done more with less for the majority of our history - there is no excuse for not having one of those be a dedicated armor or air support team, at the bare minimum a tank/air hunter team using HA's.

Honestly, if we have to, I say BAWC leaders incorporate these as much as possible into every possible operation and make DVS used to having this kind of dedicated support. The times when they don't will soon become very apparent.

Anyhow, novel freaking over. I wanted this off my chest because server fuck-ups aside, there is so much we can do to improve our approach to EVERYTHING we do, and with the tight cooperation with DVS, we now have the numbers to do anything we want. Let's freaking start DOING that then.
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2017, 02:36

I can definitely agree with you on the issue of going into combat multiplier spam with just infantry and trying to take the base with just beacons and revives. I am definitely not a fan of dedicated vehicle players because that's pretty boring for the person doing it. Driving/Flying around the whole time killing mostly vehicles and only being a minor part of ops cause after killing what they can kill they have to find their use somewhere else. Especially so if the objective is sth like Ceres Hydro where Crown fire will decimate any air and tanks.

The way I could see it maybe working is if we utilized fireteams to indicate what vehicles a people have certed and are experienced with. You don't want to overcomplicate things so the 3 fireteams could maybe be:
1) People who have hellfires unlocked and can fly enough to not crash and can hit vehicles reliably with them
2) People who have halberd harasser unlocked and certed a bit
3) People who can do both

Like 3 harasser crews can definitely shit on enemy armor if the terrain is at least somewhat open. Hellfires can be used to nuke enemy deploy sundies, ground vehicles when terrain is unfavorable for harassers and if there's a clump of enemy camping a spot.

Very much reactionary and not too nanite and manpower-intensive.

The problem of current vehicle usage is that it is currently quantity over quality. If there is a need for antiarmor people often just go allout and have the whole squad pull rep sundies, ammo sundies and some prowlers involving the whole squad. Anything that you can do with these vehicles I can guarantee you can do with 3 half-decent halberd harassers. That is also a problem when it comes to antiair. If there's a need for it people often pull multiple skyguards and AA MAXes whereas a single skyguard/double ranger sundy is enough to deter all enemy air and if not then strikers/sundy guns can suppport enough to help as well. You, Focus, always overreact when it comes to that.

I would like to experiment with this system but the problem is that even BAWC is still pretty infantry focused which is fine for most fights but when some antivehicle combat is needed we are still lacking decent players. Most players are content to stay shit with vehicles so they have no idea what counters what, how to use their vehicles/weaponry and how to move. Pretty depressing but that's how it is. Fantasy of responsive people who aren't complete shit in vehicles. My idea is retarded as shit as well but whatever.

One tactic that hasn't really been tried against armor yet is galdropping LAs with drifters and rocklets. Rocklets with typhoons have pretty similar dps to deci so you could problably do pretty well against armor by dropping a squad of them to pick everything off.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2017, 05:03

Obviously the "vehicle squad" will be bored to tears if that's all they do. No matter how we do it or organize it I don't expect the drivers/pilots to be in their vehicles at all times, but to be available whenever required. With proper organization we can have dedicated teams who have certed vehicles or aircraft they could be willing to pull when requested to hit specific targets/areas, we don't even need to put those in specific squads.

For instance, we hit 3 different bases, and secure 2, last get counter dropped by a full Hydra platoon. They bring about 20 Sunderers, because why not? All you should need as platoon leader is to ask the already declared mossie pilots to go get mossies, group up and hit the sundies one by one. Ofc that WOULD be a bit easier to organize for the air wing if they were in a specific squad, but they don't have to be. It could be a different set of people who have certed Harassers good to go, and you might even call on them as well - and as soon as Hydra's sundies/air/tanks is eliminated whatever remains of the aircraft/vehicles hit the base until they are no longer needed at all, then abandon their vehicles, until next time they are called on.

I don't care terribly much how exactly it is done, but we *HAVE* to have the ability to counter opposing multipliers with our own, and to get good at doing so extremely fast. I'd love to see the day when 30 Scythes show up you either ask the AA 'experts' or the Mossie pilots or whatever to go deal with them specifically, and they drop what they were doing instantly and do so. And if you have something like a Prowler you will go pull, you should never have to ask or beg for a gunner - that slot should have been declared already before ops even started, like the rest.

At the end of the day, I want exactly what you want - a capable and reactionary response than can erase enemy multipliers as soon as possible, because the current "more meat in the grinder" 'tactics' in response to multipliers is frustrating as fuck so long as that's all we do.
Back to top Go down
LeonPotosi
Major
Major
LeonPotosi

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2017, 06:14

Thunde wrote:

And why are DVS allowed to critizise BAWC players but we are not allowed to say anything to them? Its like we are some random players that only is in DVS platoon so they can say they have a platoon. But if one of our members say anything about the tactics they stomp on us. The only one in our outfit that is allowed to say anything without getting a big rage from Erah or Shin is Focuslight.

That is currently happening?

For fucks sake.

Every Arrow needs to speak up and every other Arrow is obliged to defend his fellow Arrows.

Don't take shit from them if they make bad decisions.
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2017, 15:18

Focus I said fireteams not squads. The players would still be in the same squad. You could just assign people to pull vehicles cause if you only order people to pull like 3 you only get 1 person to pull cause everyone else thinks someone else is gonna do it. Whatever, it's slightly less convuluted than our old ts vehicle decals. Wouldn't work anyway. Rather than requiring vehicles atm squad leader should just tell people the people who very likely have that thing certed to pull that and if more is needed you'd ask on ts who has that certed. Like if you need halberd harassers you'd ask me, seosil, leon and seerus to pull cause we very likely have them already. Hellfire strikes could be masspulled or sth. Whatever all this is forumside cause the real change we need here is for the DVS leaders to stop trying to do RMIS.

Focus is problably still right on this as there is always time consideration for cleaning up vehicles but also I think when we have to pull vehicles we should pull them proportionally. It's usually either me and somebody else or everyone else. That leaves little room for medium armor force counters.
Back to top Go down
The0ptimiz0r
Come here often?
Come here often?
The0ptimiz0r

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jan 2017, 23:01

CENSORSPUD CONFIRMED!!!!

Vote now BAWXIT to stop this horrific policy!

Last edited by The0ptimiz0r on Mon 09 Jan 2017, 17:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2017, 14:46

Leon, they're blowing this out of proportion.

[BAWC] like to talk over the PL and suggest, [DVS] don't. Hence, [DVS] comes down on [BAWC] members when we suggest things to the PL in the middle of an op.

I've been hearing them going out on Dubnus and Focus, who are both known for shooting their mouths a bit too much.

If it happened with anyone else, I need to know.

Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2017, 14:46

Leon, they're blowing this out of proportion.

[BAWC] like to talk over the PL and suggest, [DVS] don't. Hence, [DVS] comes down on [BAWC] members when we suggest things to the PL in the middle of an op.

I've been hearing them going out on Dubnus and Focus, who are both known for shooting their mouths a bit too much.

If it happened with anyone else, I need to know.

Back to top Go down
Andoulline
Come here often?
Come here often?
Andoulline

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2017, 16:38

To be fair when we've redeployed and on our way to a fight most people have nothing to do (half the squad if the gal crew is extremely attentive) so we might as well check the map and see if the PL/SL missed something. Plus there's always a chance that the PL's too focused on a single objective that he doesn't realize an opening/threat somewhere else.

Yeah Focus/Dubnus can talk a lot sometimes but the DVS guys are the polar opposite of that. They practically never talk, they barely even call out targets sometimes. I mean Thunde's pretty silent most of the time but even he's laughing at jokes/calls attention to stuff.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2017, 19:51

Server performance seems... okay, tonight. Maybe tonight's op won't be horrible? Very Happy

Maybe then I'll get more Armistice AE/TAR AE kills, always need more of those.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2017, 19:53

Okay... so when I clicked this topic it had the 44 page worth of posts, then when I posted, it said "No such topic exists" and here I am, with only 5 pages!

WTF happened? Did 39 pages of history get deleted?
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2017, 20:20

I see what's happened. The tread has gotten cut in half, the first 40 pages are locked into it's own tread. Dafuq?
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jan 2017, 22:08

Anyhow regardless of forums/server funkyness, today's squad action was good, overall.

Erah wanted us to drop one and a half squads on a base that had nearly a full NC platoon. I - and others - told him at this point we would get massacred. Erah then insisted that if we drop and win, I would join his outfit and basically be his bitch. Ofc, he waited for several minutes while NC slowly trickled out of the base, then dropped us, and ofc the few NC who bothered, were hopelessly unable ot stop us.

I suspect I'll hear this BS from Erah for the rest of time. Yay.

So I suppose I achieved a nagging-point for the leader of DVS today. Wonderful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017, 00:09

FocusLight wrote:
I see what's happened. The tread has gotten cut in half, the first 40 pages are locked into it's own tread. Dafuq?

Someone decided to mess around in the mod/admin section of this forum. The only way for a thread to get migrated from a certain post, is if someone with powers (unknowingly) does so.
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017, 00:21

Doesn't matter anyway. This thing is more of a chatbox and place to write random shit down than anything else.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017, 05:26

284 wrote:
FocusLight wrote:

Someone decided to mess around in the mod/admin section of this forum. The only way for a thread to get migrated from a certain post, is if someone with powers (unknowingly) does so.

Odd.
Back to top Go down
Tjarnov
Specialist
Specialist
Tjarnov

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jan 2017, 20:39

So, I found this message while playing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2017, 22:53

Given the fact that thermal/night vision scopes for vehicles will be changed soon, and I was met when I logged in today with the message that I only needed a few more kills to Aurax it, I finally, after 4 years of casual, support-oriented use, aurax the Hellfire pods.

This was my first and likely due to being done now, last time, I pull hellfire mossie specifically to get kills for the hell of it.

BAWC is farm-fit nao, or so they say...:

Never actually though I'd ever get a vehicle weapon aurax, but here we are.
Back to top Go down
cerethreus
Specialist
Specialist
cerethreus

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2017, 13:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Haha Very Happy that meme. It's happening though. My 'skill' level is gnna drop now :'( Razz
Back to top Go down
Andoulline
Come here often?
Come here often?
Andoulline

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2017, 15:11

Shotguns too good in point blank ranges?

Lets make them inferior SMGs. Shotguns will be good at ADS while SMGs are designed for hipfire, and also have much greater range.

Except the jackhammer because the problem with that was the damage falloff.
Back to top Go down
The0ptimiz0r
Come here often?
Come here often?
The0ptimiz0r

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2017, 15:21

Can´t understand you guys tbh. If you´ve ever played a few rounds of BF against someone with slug shotguns, you never gonna bitch about shotguns in Planetside. I know it´s frustrating but Modell 10 Hunter is waaaay better than Jackhammer can ever be.
Back to top Go down
Andoulline
Come here often?
Come here often?
Andoulline

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2017, 15:35

That thing is the only one I ever had problems with because it's effectively a pump action with double the range.

Also come on resize that image.
Back to top Go down
Tjarnov
Specialist
Specialist
Tjarnov

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2017, 15:57

Congrats Focus.
I like the fact you are BR 111, it makes it just look better
Back to top Go down
Andoulline
Come here often?
Come here often?
Andoulline

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2017, 17:59

Claymore isn't useless so it was a "good" nerf.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 15 Jan 2017, 21:46

Why did he wrap up early? What happened?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you achieve today on Auraxis?   What did you achieve today on Auraxis? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did you achieve today on Auraxis?
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next