Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's have a look into the distant past...

Go down 
+3
MrMurdok
Areturus
FocusLight
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

Let's have a look into the distant past... Empty
PostSubject: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 09:10

Let's go see if we find old PS2 vids for newer members to enjoy, just to see what PS2 was like "back in the day."

Any PS2 vids from 2012, 2013 and maybe 2014 will do, but I'm especially hoping for vids that show the old... everything. Bases, mechanics, weapon performance, sounds etc. etc.

I'll start by showing off old Eisa Tech and the old MCG.

Back to top Go down
Areturus
One Hit Wonder
One Hit Wonder
Areturus

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 17:26

Ohhh cute *-* The style of the MG Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 17:34

*Can't YT from work*

Does it have that old school ammo counter?
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 18:20

Doesn't have the sick ADS dot CoF though.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 18:29

No BRRRT either
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 18:32

BRRRT was added later though
Back to top Go down
RickOzean
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
RickOzean

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 18:52

yeah the BRRRT was added in later sound patches.. i notice a lot of old sounds in that video too.. damn and the old redeplay screen.. it was shit honestly xD
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 19:36

Yeah man, but I miss old school mechanics.

Running open platoon, everyone is redeployed, SLs drop on top of Vanu Archives in the middle of a zergfest.

"FULL PLATOON SQUAD DEPLOY SQUAD DEPLOY SQUAD DEPLOY!"

44 Drop Pods coming down is something that you can't even describe.
Back to top Go down
RickOzean
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
RickOzean

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 19:41

I'm not saying i don't miss some old mechanics.. just not the old redeploy screen xD

Also there was a time when you capped a base faster if you had more people on the point. remember that one? always just chilling on the point to get the base faster was annoying most of the time but sometimes it lead to some awesome situations xD
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 19:51

You should feel relieved, before that, you had to get X people on the point to even start the clock.
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 20:06

Would be nice now with like 2 people needed to start off the cap. Would stop some of the clueless shitters ghostcapping bases.
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 20:27

I hear that...

I think that was the original intention, but they had to remove it because "Individuals mattered", basically in the MLG pandering time.

HOLY SHIT REMEMBER MLG CAST WITH HIGBY?
Back to top Go down
RickOzean
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
RickOzean

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 20:29

oh damn totaly forgot about that xD
Yeah back in the time where you could capture ANY adjacent base.. was quite fun xD but ghost capping was even more of a problem back then
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 20:32

Dude, I'm at work and I just spent the last half hour using any possible combination to find an old comic strip that was released when Planetside 2 just launched of a cartoon version of Maggie Krohn sucking some dude's dick to get him to play.
Back to top Go down
RickOzean
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
RickOzean

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeThu 19 May 2016, 21:06

That's .. oddly specific xD
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016, 04:04

I remember Towers and some of the old layouts they used to have.

I also remember when MAX'es could be revived as easy and swift as infantry, and I recall the ZOE.

Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016, 04:12

OR how about this one as a good example before I find a different topic to mention? MAX'es get C4'd by friendlies, but a couple revive nades bring them all back up to continue the rampage as they see fit.

If any of you new folks pity VS today, don't.

Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016, 07:54

Remember when No Deploy Zones didn't exist?
Back to top Go down
Macsection
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Macsection

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016, 08:45

remember the beta crown fight?...
Back to top Go down
MrMurdok
Forum General
Forum General
MrMurdok

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016, 10:52

Macsection wrote:
remember the beta crown fight?...

I remember the crown was the only fight between TR and VS during Beta.

You would log in every day, there would be [BRTD] gals waiting at the warpgate to drop you on the crown. TR held the crown while VS held XRoads and Magrider Hill and we would just farmed each other for about... well, all of Beta.
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016, 14:10

Spec Ops training ground and prenerf libs is where it's at.
Back to top Go down
The0ptimiz0r
Come here often?
Come here often?
The0ptimiz0r

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeFri 20 May 2016, 14:47

So much old memories. The good old hud redeploy screen buffed lib and not to forget without all that shit new weapons that arenĀ“t meaking sense at all. Was a good time and I would give a lot for the old hud.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2016, 02:02

Speaking of the Crown...

Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2016, 02:47

...and the Beta...

Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitimeSun 31 Jul 2016, 02:50

Fuck it let's have some ALPHA footage.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's have a look into the distant past...   Let's have a look into the distant past... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's have a look into the distant past...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: