Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TuraiOssa
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TuraiOssa

Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow Empty
PostSubject: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2016, 16:31

So, after playing some times with you, i felt that im lacking some Equipment to take part in our Ops properly (aka im a Pleb) so i wanted to ask you about which things i should go after first. Things that come to my mind (without ranking):

- Harasser Top Gun (will be GK because cheaper than Vulcan) and Harasser Upgrades
- Prowler GK and Prowler Upgrades, maybe including AP Cannon
- Striker Very Happy
- 2nd C4 for LA (more useful) or Medic (More played by me)
- A2G Mosquito Weapons, Lolpods or maybe Hornets (but im very bad at flying, so hornets may be hard to aim)

Not specifically for BAWC, but maybe useful:

- 2nd Burster arm
- Armistice for Infil (using Autoscout at the Moment) or other SMG
- Cloak Flash
- Commissioner or any other sidearm
- Archer

Can i have some Opinions about that?
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeFri 25 Mar 2016, 16:49

In the order of the most use:

2nd C4 for Medic, very nice to have in massive fights to blow up MAX suits, turrets, consentrated enemies right outside a window, vehicles that get to close etc.

2nd C4 for LA. Self-explanatory.

Striker for HA. It's universally the best dumb-fire capable launcher to have unless you go inside places like Bio Labs, and you can have a different fit slot for that. Learning how fast the rockets go don't take long an it's easier to hit tanks - and especially air - with this while dumb-firing.

2nd Burster Arm for MAX and potentially extended mags for both right off the bat, as doubling the rounds in a mag makes the dual bursters considerably more deadly and effective to use.

Kit for Prowler, including AP Cannon, Lock-Down and GK with a few zoom levels.

Armistice SMG - or perhaps even Hailstorm - as a CQB weapon you can use on all classes, especially Infil.

ESF kit, especially Hellfire pods with some upgrades for the most universal ability. Needler is sufficient as nose-gun for almost anything.

Everything else after this is down to taste, as all the above will cover any real 'needed' ability, by supplying you the weapons, gear and vehicle kits needed for 90% of all BAWC ops.
Back to top Go down
TuraiOssa
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TuraiOssa

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 11:20

Oh, one thing i forgot, is 400 Certs for another tank mine via pouch worth it?
Back to top Go down
LeonPotosi
Major
Major
LeonPotosi

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 11:24

Not really in the beginning.

You won't take out a shield sundy, and other sundys are sufficent to kill with just 2.
Back to top Go down
TuraiOssa
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TuraiOssa

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 11:45

damn..so the 200 certs put in rank one were a total loss becuase i dont even have c4 on my engineer...
Back to top Go down
LeonPotosi
Major
Major
LeonPotosi

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 12:02

Don't worry, one day it'll be usefull. I am using the utility pouch, and it's very usefull.

Unless you are certing into triage for the medic, nothing is really wasted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr.Division
Captain
Captain
Dr.Division

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 13:30

I dont think there are any recommendations for your weapon choose, at least not from my site. I'd suggest you use the weopon/weapons your most comfortable with. In general though its good to have a CQC - weapon for all your classes. Therefor i SMG would, like focus said, tge best choice, since you can use it on all classes!

In case you dicied on going for the CQC infil setup, a full certed motion spoter is a must have!

The Strike might be, like focus said, a pretty good idea aswell. I dont have it myself though, but i can get it for trail, whenever we use it!

As a general advice for you: Invest in your infantry classes first, and if you have them certed well, you can start certing your vehicles, since you can allways use someone elses vehicle, but you cant just jump into anotherones skin....
Back to top Go down
TuraiOssa
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TuraiOssa

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 14:22

Thanks, but im pretty well suited with weapons because i did the noob mistake to buy a least 2 new of each kind. But this comes in handy now as i have weapons for (nearly) all ranges
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 16:04

Getting 1-2 new weapons per class is only a noob "mistake" in so far as it's not the most useful initial investment in certs to make, if top effectiveness is your goal. On the pluss side, as you mentioned, now that you have those you can invest your certs into your class abilities and utilities.

One thing though: Do NOT buy C4 for the engineer, at least not early on. C4 is useful, but so are AT mines, and only the engineer get those, everyone else have to 'settle' for C4. IT might also be wise to lay off the C4 for HA's until much later, because HA's get launchers that allow you to nail armor from range. C4 for LA's and CM's is considerably more useful to have, hence why I vote you get the second one for each asap. Obviously max-level medic and repair tools are good too, especially because you can "eat" enemy AT mines with the repair tool once it hits max level.
Back to top Go down
TuraiOssa
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TuraiOssa

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Mar 2016, 20:53

Im completely with you there focus. I wasnt planning getting C4 for Engi and HA for the reasons you mentioned, and of course my tools and abilitys are maxed on medic and engineer (except bubble shield because i dont use it that much). oh and about guns, was okay to buy them early anyway becuase i got them for the old price and saved 225-400 Certs per gun.
Back to top Go down
TuraiOssa
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TuraiOssa

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016, 08:35

In the light of my starting SL Career(lol), which leadership certificatins are useful and worth the price? I habe beacon rank 1(obviously) and orders/commander Chat unlocked.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Division
Captain
Captain
Dr.Division

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016, 10:56

Beacon full level of cause!
Offensive and deffensive request (no idea how that is called)
Command channle can be realy destracting and you may end up hating it. However it can be good to coordinate with other outfits, who of cause are allways better then you.....
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016, 11:14

If you are going to lead often, squad beacon at lvl5 is an absolute must to crank the cooldown down to a minimum. For every Arrow however, having it at least at lvl1 is extremely helpful because then anyone in BAWC can be set to put down a beacon in emergencies.

Other than that, Command channel access can be useful, but can also give you cancer, depending on who's in it and what they are doing. Rally point smoke is useful if you want to send someone somewhere for something but don't have access to many waypoints. "VS sunderer at purple smoke, blow it" "Rally the MAX'es at green smoke for Galaxy pick-up" etc.

I have not bothered to cert offensive/defensive reinforcement request yet because it seems to me no-one responds to these, especially not when you can use command channel to directly ask for back-up and hear if you will get it or not. If you think it will be useful, by all means.

In short, everything under leadership certs has a use, some a better use than others.
Back to top Go down
TuraiOssa
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
TuraiOssa

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Mar 2016, 11:20

Thanks you two for the opinions, was considering smoke anyway, but i wouldnt habe given beacon Upgrades so mich Priority.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow   Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cert Investment Recommondations to be a proper Arrow
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: