Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New flight model..

Go down 
+2
Dopubalimatu
Spunkmagnet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Spunkmagnet
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
Spunkmagnet

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2015, 02:58

Opinions? I just had a go and my mossie now bandles like a brick. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2015, 03:01

The only aircraft that doesn't handle like it's underwater now is Valkyrie.

Plebbit scrubs seem to think that the controls are fine and people just need to adapt and all is fine and dandy. They would probably also tell you to adapt to lover oxygen dependancy if you were being strangled though.

It's a good thing PS2 being on PS4 doesn't affect PS2 on PC Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr.Division
Captain
Captain
Dr.Division

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2015, 09:52

I did not notice any diffrent until I flew using my keyboard.
My mouse was allredy fucked up befor, now the controls are for everyone on my level.
All in all i like the new flight model, because i am winning even more dogfights then befor.
Back to top Go down
Thunde
Corporal
Corporal
Thunde

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2015, 12:42

Libs don't turn at all. Mosquitos feels ok and valkyries feels like the old lib.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2015, 13:19

I have not checked live yet (I will once I get back home the 18th-19th or so) but when I checked the controls on PTS it seemed smoother and overall nicer to me, and I'm already a decent pilot - that is, I don't constantly crash my own aircraft and my ability to aim is not acceptable, as opposed to terrible - so I assume that either A) the controls were just easier for me personally to handle, for some reason, and thus I found them to be an improvement, or B) the controls were changed since I tested them on PTS, and I will crash and burn way more often when I get online.

Guess we will see in some 9 days or so...
Back to top Go down
Thunde
Corporal
Corporal
Thunde

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2015, 19:12

They changed the whole physic engine, so you can get problems with both ground vehicles and light assault too.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr 2015, 20:03

If so, the good news is that EVERYONE is back to being a scrub now. If you wanted to learn to fly without dying 24/7 this is the perfect time to get started, because everyone have to learn to fly once again.
Back to top Go down
Magna
Private
Private
Magna

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Apr 2015, 18:03

Today was the first day I went and picked a mossie to fly since that patch hit. Holy shit I'm so happy right now. They actually enabled me to fly, no tipping mouse and turning 180 degrees anymore, I can actually steer and aim with the fking ESF. Went on and took some rounds on Hossin. Awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2015, 14:25

Flight controls are (to me) smother and more responsive now, I find it easier than ever to fly anything, and even tank driving is smother. Hell, I went on VR the other night to test aircraft and vehicles and I actually had to work hard to FLIP A FLASH OVER. Used to be that a so-called all-terrain quad bike would flip over on a pebble, now I can drive over anything and will have a tough time messing up. I even drove vertically up a tree and almost managed to park the flash in it, that's how stable the controls are. I ran over the edge of a bridge to see if I would flip around and land on my head or anything, nope that didn't happen either.

IMHO the days of flipping your vehicles over and dying in small hills are over. You can still do it (I managed to flip my Harasser and Sunderer around after much, much effort) but it's hard to do, and don't happen nearly as often as it used to.

I'll say this again - if you wanted to get good at flying and have had little flying time before, NOW is the time to get into it, the controls are easier to handle than ever.
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2015, 21:37

Focus.

Before the patch flash was already unflippable. In fact, if you flipped it, it flipped itself back.
Ground vehicle handling didn't change much but the aiming acceleration is superannoying.
Back to top Go down
FocusLight
Colonel
Colonel
FocusLight

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2015, 22:45

Dopubalimatu wrote:
Focus.

Before the patch flash was already unflippable. In fact, if you flipped it, it flipped itself back.
Ground vehicle handling didn't change much but the aiming acceleration is superannoying.

Two things:

1. "Before the patch flash was already unflippable."

Since when? Flash has been near impossible to use for years, so I'd be interested in knowing how long it's been fixed.

2. "...but the aiming acceleration is superannoying."

Explain aiming acceleration. What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Dopubalimatu
Come here often?
Come here often?
Dopubalimatu

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr 2015, 23:13

Well the flash has been fixed for at least a couple months now. I don't know when they fixed it but it was already fine before the patch.

In regards to tank turret aiming
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New flight model.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New flight model..   New flight model.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New flight model..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forums :: The Lounge :: General Chat-
Jump to: